Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Buttermilk Man!



These days lunch and dinner are a bit excruciating.South Indians are fond of ending their meal with curd ( cultured yogurt ) and I'm no exception. I love the stuff, but can only watch as my son laps it up with gusto( cream and all ), while I do with buttermilk or majige ( Kannada ). This due to my wife's latest health diktat.

This is not a health spiel, so don't run away. This is not so much about Karnataka's Upa Lokayukta, Justice Majjige, who understandably on cloud nine, after having taken up the onerous post, a day ago.The poor man, unfortunately suffered a massive cardiac arrest & is now being treated, in of Bengaluru's many hospitals.
The point I'm trying to make, is about a full career. A career where your health does not give way, midway, leaving you gasping for breath and broken before you get to the finish line and breast the proverbial tape.These days people work their careers as if there is no tomorrow, frenetic and in the fast lane. The buzz word- work hard, party harder. I wish all of us were James Bond. Away from reel life, realities are different. The Human body & mind need the time and space to recover, and needs to be pampered, not inundated with stress, smoke and spirits.
A career is a marathon. A race that needs to be spaced out. You cannot do the thing in ten seconds. That's for the glorious few who run the 100 meters. That's for the shooting stars.

You need to be a career athlete, not a flash in the pan!
As for the Upa Lokayukta, I guess the post is up for grabs!As for majige, I'm getting to like the damn stuff........It's cheaper you see and that helps in these days of rising inflation!

3 comments:

chhavi.... said...

This is increasingly happening in our college also..In my class 5 students are not well..partly because of the climate and partly because now they have realized that MBA is not a cakewalk..(Internship Gyan) But they should understand if they overstress themselves then again they are at loss because they will loose on attendance and whooping 10 marks for it:)Our course I agree is rigorous but is not at all stressful.. All we need to learn is to balance it...And my best wishes to Majige..

Cap N said...

Justice Majige, is still critical.

Nice comment!

Cap N said...

Justice Majige, is still critical.

Nice comment!